Megacities Alliance for Water and Climate
Join the MAWaC
In the vision developed under the Megacities Alliance for Water and Climate, the different water stakeholders are associated, and each of them, together or separately, can partially or totally represent the Megacity.
Why join us
- To share good practices and exchange experience in operational, organizational, environmental, economic and cultural areas related to water.
- To support the design of technical tools and models of urban water governance, and to develop innovative measures to adapt to climate change.
- To benefit from state-of-the art research and strategies to support sustainable public policies.
- To develop common projects between megacities and develop partnerships with operators, academia and financial institutions.
- To assess and compare the megacities’ progress in adapting to climate change within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To identify financing mechanisms to support the adaptation of megacities to the impacts of climate change on water in urban areas.
International Hydrological Programme
7, place de Fontenoy
F-75352 Paris 07 SP – France