GEObs is a system of databases with worldwide coverage in bioethics and other areas of applied ethics in science and technology such as environmental ethics, science ethics, and technology ethics.
This UNESCO initiative is freely accessible online to all Member States and the general public. It is designed to serve as a valuable reference, collaborative, consultative, and comparative resource hub of ethics activities around the world.
The GEObs is intended to become a crucial platform for supporting and advancing ethics activities by assisting Member States and other interested parties to identify experts, establish ethics committees, construct informed policies in the area of ethics, and design ethics teaching curricula.
In order to facilitate global accessibility, the GEObs is available in the six official languages of UNESCO: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.
- Database 1: Who's Who in Ethics (Individual experts in ethics around the globe)
- Database 2: Ethics Institutions (Institutions, centers, commissions, and committees in the area of ethics)
- Database 3: Ethics Teaching Programmes
- Database 4: Ethics Related Legislation and Guidelines
- Database 5: Codes of Conduct within the field of ethics
- Database 6: Resources in Ethics
Contributing to the Global Ethics Observatory
We invite you to enrich the observatory by providing data you would like to be included in any of the databases.
For this and for further information, please contact the secretariat by
Tel: +33 (0)1 45 68 39 45
Fax: +33 (0)1 45 68 55 15