World Water Week 2015: Water for Development
Hosted and organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), the World Water Week in Stockholm is the leading annual global event for addressing the planet’s water issues and related concerns of international development. Under the theme “Water for Development”, leaders and experts from the world’s scientific, business, government and civic communities will gather in Stockholm from 23 to 28 August 2015 to exchange views, experiences and shape joint solutions to global water challenges.
In this strategic framework, UNESCO’s International Hydrological Programme (UNESCO-IHP) and the United Nations World Water Assessment Programme (UN-WWAP, hosted by UNESCO) will organize several sessions on key pressing water-related challenges.
The sessions organised by UNESCO-IHP and UN-WWAP include:
• Managing change: strengthening resilience to climate and disaster risks (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/5275);
• Managing Climatic extreme events: global water resources in emergency situations (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4621);
• Developments in International Law Applicable to Transboundary Aquifers (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/5032);
• Implementing the SDGs in shared basins through international water law (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4950);
• Emerging pollutants in water and wastewater: UNESCO-Sida project case-studies (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4311);
• Main findings of the World Water Development Report 2015 (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4713);
• Making Transformational Gains for Gender Equality through WASH Policy (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4699) ;
• Gender sensitive indicators in sanitation and wastewater planning and implementation (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4824);
• Water for Women - Every Woman Counts. Every Second Counts (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/4714);
• Achieving the New Dedicated Goal for Water: Challenges for LAC
Moreover, the IHP Secretariat will be participating at the UN-Water Stakeholder Dialogue (http://programme.worldwaterweek.org/event/unwater-stakeholder-dialogue-3781), which will focus on how to realise the Post-2015 agenda for water and sanitation, highlighting opportunities, challenges and the role of UN-Water and its members and partners.
Finally,The UNESCO Water Family will be happy to welcome you at the booth C11 of the venue's exhibition area (Drottninggatan 71B, Stockholm 111 36). The booth will serve to promote recent publications and activities of the Water family and to disseminate materials. This space will hold special events, debates and will be a meeting place for the UN-Water family, water experts, and corporations.