Family and Education Benefits
Staff members may be eligible for a range of family allowances and benefits linked to the dependency status of members of their family.
Who can be considered a dependant?
- children, under certain conditions ;
- spouse, under certain conditions;
- mother, father, brother or sister, under certain conditions and if the staff member does not also have a dependent spouse.
UNESCO contributes to the cost of education of dependent children, incurred as a result of expatriation.
- A Guide to Staff Benefits, Internationally Recruited Professional Staff
- UN Salaries and Allowances Site
For information on schools, children's day care and universities available at Headquarters (Paris), please click here.