World Congress on Justice for Children
Strengthening Justice Systems for Children: Challenges, including disengagement from violent extremism
UNESCO House, Paris - 28, 29, 30 May 2018.
Under the haut-patronage of UNESCO, this World Congress on Justice for Children will be held from 28-30 May 2018 to address three major issues:
- The global trend towards children’s involvement in violent extremism and possible responses,
- The need for more effective ways to reduce juvenile offending and recidivism,
- How to improve protection mechanisms for vulnerable children, including early prevention.
The 2018 World Congress on Justice for Children aims to bring together professionals and stakeholders from all around the world to share their perspectives on:
- youth and family justice,
- the prevention of offending and violent extremism.
The 2018 World Congress is organised by a consortium of international organisations composed by the International Association of Youth and Family Judges and Magistrates (IAYFJM), Terre des hommes Foundation, and Penal Reform International (PRI) with Child Rights International Network (CRIN), Defence for Children International (DCI), Judicial Training Institute of Belgium (IGO-IFJ) and the Information for All Programme (IFAP) of UNESCO.