- Who can be nominated?
Individuals, institutions or organizations having effectively contributed to the advancement of girls’ and women’s education. Nominations must relate to an established project or programme, and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Who can submit nominations?
Nominations can be submitted to the Director-General of UNESCO by Governments of Member States via their Permanent Delegation to UNESCO, and by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in official partnership with UNESCO can each make up to three nominations.
- How to submit nominations
1. Complete the online Nomination Form
The nomination form must be completed online in English or French via a platform accessible through the UNESCO website at this link for nominating entities only.
- Nominations must be completed online by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the concerned Member State, or by an NGO in official partnership with UNESCO, through their official account.
- It is possible for National Commissions to UNESCO to access and complete the online form. However, any nomination by a National Commission will need to be submitted by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the respective Member State. An automatic notification message will be sent to the official e-mail address of the Delegation to this end.
- If a National Commission or Permanent Delegation to UNESCO wishes that the form be completed electronically by the nominees, UNESCO can create a UNESTEAMS account for each nominee. A request should be sent to GWEprize@unesco.org before 22 April 2017. After completion of the online form by the nominee, the concerned National Commission and Permanent Delegation will receive a notification e-mail and can review the nomination before the Permanent Delegation submits to UNESCO.
- Attention should be paid to presenting the project/programme of the nominee in a clear and structured way, following the instructions given in the form.
- All supporting material (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
- While completing the Form, please also keep in mind that the project/programme will be assessed by the Jury on the basis of the selection criteria..
2. Submit the online Nomination Form
- Nominations have to be submitted in the online system by the concerned Permanent Delegations to UNESCO or the NGO by midnight of 19 May 2017 (UTC+1, Paris time).
- Kindly note that each Permanent Delegation or NGO may not submit more than three nominations.
For any questions regarding the UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education or the submission process, please contact the Secretariat of the Prize at the Section of Education for Inclusion and Gender Equality of UNESCO: