The call for nominations for the 7th edition (2021-2022 cycle) is now open.
- Online nomination process
- Selection criteria
- Request an account to access the nomination form
- Application guide for candidates : English - French
- Online platform user guide for candidates: English - French
- International jury: the International Jury for the UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development is appointed by the Director-General of UNESCO on the basis of their reputation in the advancement of teaching and learning, and with consideration for equitable geographical distribution and gender balance. Composed of five distinguished professionals chosen for their high-level of knowledge and experience in teacher-related issues, the jury meets once every two year to assess nominations to the Prize and presents its recommendations to the Director-General of UNESCO.
- Launch of the call for nominations: 29 April 2021
- Submission of applications online until February 2022, midnight Paris time
- Meeting of the International Jury (January - February 2022)
- Award ceremony and announcement of the laureates (October 2022, World Teachers’ Day)