UNESCO Paris, France, 25 November 2019
A short extraordinary session of the Intergovernmental Council (IGC) of the Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme will be convened on 25 November 2019 from 8:00 am to 8:45 am in Room IV to elect its Bureau.
In accordance with Art. VIII of the Statutes, the IGC will proceed with the election of a Chairperson, four Vice-Chairpersons and a Rapporteur.
The election of the IGC Bureau is scheduled as soon as possible after the election of new Member States to the IGC by the 40th General Conference on 21 November 2019, so as to take advantage of the presence of representatives during the General Conference. As such, continuing and new Member States of the IGC are invited to attend the election of the IGC Bureau at the time indicated above. For continuing Member States of the IGC, we should be grateful if you would please indicate the name and title of your designated representative(s) for this election to the Secretariat at your earliest convenience.
The working languages will be English and French (Rule of Procedure 15).
In order to facilitate the process of the IGC Bureau election, we should be grateful if continuing and new Member States of the IGC could consult with the each other within the electoral groups, as well as between the electoral groups, to reach consensus on possible candidates for the different positions of the Bureau. As is customary practice, there should be balanced geographical representation on the Bureau. If possible, please communicate the name(s) of possible candidates for the different positions of the Bureau to the Secretariat, preferably by 24 November 2019.
- Rules of Procedure of the IGC
- Statutes of the Intergovernmental Council and the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme
- Guidelines on the Responsibilities of Representatives of Electoral Groups in Bureaus (Recommendation of the General Conference’s Working Group on Governance)
- Working with UNESCO: guidebook for members of UNESCO’s international and intergovernmental bodies
- Decision of the 14th Ordinary session
- Brochure on the Programme
Secretariat, Research, Policy and Foresight Section
Tel.: + 33 (0)1 45 68 15 15/ 05 39