Global Alliance for Partnerships on Media and Information Literacy
The GAPMIL Awards recognize information/library, media and technology specialists, educators, artists, activists, researchers, policy makers, NGOs, associations and other groups integrating MIL (media and information literacy) in an innovative way in their work and related activities. Specifically, the awards recognize excellence and leadership in five sectors: Education, Research, Policy, Advocacy, Media and communication/information industries.
The GAPMIL Awards are presented every year at the Global MIL Week feature conference.
- Ms. Jane Tallim and Ms. Cathy Wing of MediaSmarts (Canada)
- Jordan Media Institute (Jordan)
- Mr. Hemmo Bruinenberg (the Netherlands)
- Autonomous University of the State of Morelos (UAEM) (Mexico)
- Media Intiatives Centre (MIC) (Armenia)
- Professor Jesus Lau of the Veracruz University (Mexico)
- The MIL Project (France)
- The Media Support Center Foundation (Kyrgyzstan)
- Ms. Divina Frau-Meigs and Ms. Bérangère Blondeau, University of Sorbonne Nouvelle (France)
- Mr. Thomas Röhlinger, Founder and Editor in Chief of Radijojo World Children's Media Network (Germany)
- Child and Youth Media Institute (Thailand)
- Media Digital Literacy Academy of the American University of Beirut (Lebanon)
- Ms Tessa Jolls, President of Center for Media Literacy (United States)