UNESCO International Literacy Prizes
2019 Laureates of UNESCO Literacy Prizes
The winners of UNESCO International Literacy Prizes were announced by the Director-General of UNESCO on 2 September 2019, following the recommendations of an international jury.
The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize was awarded to:
- ‘National Office of Literacy and Education for Adults’ in Algeria for its ‘National Strategy for Multilingual Literacy’ programme
- ‘Textile Fibres and Development Company’ (SODEFITEX) in Senegal for its ‘Functional literacy and follow-up vocational training for farmers in southern Senegal in national languages’ programme
The UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy was awarded to:
- ‘Camacol Antioquia’ in Colombia for its ‘Obras Escuala’ programme
- ‘BASAbali’ in Indonesia for its ‘BASAbali Wiki’ programme
- ‘Nuovo Comitato il Nobel per I Disabili’ in Italy for its ‘TELL ME - Theatre for Education and Literacy Learning of Migrants in Europe’ programme
The awards will be presented by the Director-General in a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters on 9 September on the occasion of the celebration of International Literacy Day.