UNESCO International Literacy Prizes
2017 Laureates of UNESCO Literacy Prizes
The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize was awarded to:
- We Love Reading for its Programme in Jordan
- The Centre for the Study of Learning & Performance (CSLP) at Concordia University in Canada for its programme ‘Using Educational Technology to Develop Essential Educational Competencies in Sub-Saharan Africa’
The UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy was awarded to:
- The Secretariat of Information and Communications Technologies of the city of Armenia in Colombia for its ‘AdulTICoProgram’
- The Citizens Foundation in Pakistan for its ‘Aagahi Literacy Programme for Women and Out-of-School Girls’
- ‘FunDza Literacy Trust’ in South Africa for its programme ‘Growing FunDza readers and writers’
The awards were presented by the Director-General in a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters on 8 September on the occasion of the celebration of International Literacy Day.
- Photo gallery of the award ceremony.
Story of the five 2017 laureates