On the occasion of International Literacy Day, the UNESCO library also sets focus on literacy as the topic of the month, and provides special access to a number of publications about literacy. Visit the website in English, French and Spanish.
Publications on Literacy
- UNESCO (2017). Literacy Rates Continue to Rise from One Generation to the Next. Montreal: UNESCO-UIS
- UNESCO (2017). Reading the past, writing the future: fifty years of promoting literacy. Paris: UNESCO.
- UNESCO (2016). Education for people and planet: creating sustainable futures for all [Global Education Monitoring Report 2016]. Paris: UNESCO.
- UNESCO (2016). Harnessing the potential of ICTs: Literacy and Numeracy Programmes Using Radio, TV, Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computers. Hamburg: UIL.
- UNESCO Bangkok (2016). A Policy Review: Building Digital Citizenship in Asia-Pacific through Safe, Effective and Responsible Use of ICT. Bangkok: UNESCO.
- UNESCO (2016). A Global measure of digital and ICT literacy skills. Background paper prepared for the 2016 Global education monitoring report, Education for people and planet: creating sustainable futures for all.
- UNESCO (2015). Mobile Phones & Literacy: Empowerment in Women’s Hands. Paris: UNESCO.
- UNESCO (2015). Recommendation on Adult Learning and Education. Paris: UNESCO.
- UNESCO (2014). Reading in the mobile era: A study of mobile reading in developing countries. Paris: UNESCO.
Publications related to MOOCS and Open Educational Resources
- Case study series for the UNESCO-Pearson Initiative for Literacy
- UNESCO/COL (2016). Open educational resources: policy, costs, transformation
- UNESCO/COL (2016). Making sense of MOOCS: a guide for policy makers in developing countries
- UNESCO (2016). Learning for All: guidelines on the inclusion of learners with disabilities in open and distance learning
- UNESCO (2011). ICT competency framework for teachers.
- Open Educational Resources Conversations in cyberspace