Leveraging ICT to achieve Education 2030
Leveraging ICT to Achieve Education 2030, the UNESCO-Weidong Group Funds-in-Trust Project, is a 4-year project that helps Member States harness the potentials of ICT to achieve SDG 4 by 2030.
Specifically, the project aims to:
- Convene global debate and enhance knowledge sharing among policy makers about the ways ICT can be leveraged at scale to support the implementation of SDG 4;
- Help Member States develop national policies, master plans and strategies on ICT in education;
- Formulate partnerships and support national flagship projects on leveraging ICT for SDG 4;
- Strengthen teachers’ capacity-building on ICT in education, and empower women and girls through joint activities with other UNESCO Fund-in-Trust projects;
- Document and disseminate best practices to harness ICT for education with a particular focus on digital innovations.
The project includes the following activities
- International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Education, 2019
- International Forum on ICT and Education 2030, 2017
- International Conference on ICT and Post-2015 Education, 2015
- Development of an OER web portal to support TVET in Uzbekistan
- Creation of OER policy to facilitate lifelong learning in Kazakhstan
- Development of ICT in education policy and master plan in Ethiopia and Namibia
- Training on technology-enabled literacy for marginalized girls and women in Egypt
- Empowering youth in 21st century Palestine with innovative digital and entrepreneurial skills for jobs in a digital economy
- Mainstreaming OER for global digital literacy in Southeast Asia, including organization of the High-Level Forum on OER and global digital literacy and development of SEA MOOC course on global digital literacy.
- Development of ICT/AI in education policy guidelines
- Development of ICT in Education Policy Toolkit
- Creation of Gender Assessment Tools for Teacher Education (GATTE)
- Joint activities with the UNESCO-China-Funds-in-Trust project: Improving the quality of teacher education in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Guidelines on the development of open educational resources policies, 2019
- Beijing Consensus on Artificial Intelligence and Education, 2019
- International conference on Artificial intelligence and Education, Planning education in the AI Era: Lead the leap: final report, 2019
- 2017 Qingdao Statement: strategies for leveraging ICT to achieve Education 2030, 2017
- Leveraging information and communication technology to achieve Education 2030: report of the UNESCO 2017 International Forum on ICT and Education 2030, 2017
- Qingdao Declaration, 2015: Seize Digital Opportunities, Lead Education Transformation, 2015
- Leveraging information and communication technologies to achieve the Post-2015 Education goal: report of the International Conference on ICT and Post-2015 Education, 2015
- 1 of 2
- next ›