Conference on the Ethics of Science & Technology and Sustainable Development
Bangkok, Thailand, 5-6 July 2019
At the kind invitation of the Government of Thailand, the public meetings of the 26th (Ordinary) Session of the IBC and the 11th (Ordinary) Session of COMEST will be held at the Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao in Bangkok, Thailand on 5 and 6 July 2019.
These sessions will examine the main work topics of the IBC for 2018-2019 on Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) and Parenthood and on the Principle of Individual Responsibility as related to Health, as well as the work topics of COMEST for 2018-2019 on Land Use Ethics, Ethics of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and on the Ethical Implications of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Furthermore, at the initiative of the Government of Thailand, the public meetings of the IBC and COMEST sessions will be held in conjunction with the Conference on the Ethics of Science & Technology and Sustainable Development. More information about the Conference will be available on the website of the Conference (available soon).
The working languages for the public meetings of the IBC and COMEST will be English and French and simultaneous interpretation will be provided in these two languages. However, please note that the parallel sessions of the Conference during the afternoon of 5 July 2019 will be conducted in English only.
All relevant documents for the sessions will be made available on this website and on the website of the Conference prior to the meetings. Please note that the Conference will be a paper-less event and all documents will only be available electronically.
Meetings reserved for IBC and COMEST members only will be organized on 2, 3, 4 and 7 July 2019.
In order to participate in the event in Thailand, please contact the Secretariat via email (email@example.com) with your name, title, organization represented, and email contact, before 17 June 2019.
- Composition of the IBC
- Composition of COMEST
- Statutes of the IBC
- Statutes of COMEST
- Rules of Procedure of the IBC
- Rules of Procedure of COMEST
- General Information
Working Documents (all sessions)
- Tentative Programme
- Compilation of Responses on Possible Work Topics for 2020-2023 of the IBC and COMEST
- Summary of the responses on possible work topics for 2020-2023 of the IBC and COMEST
Working Documents (IBC Session)
- Provisional Agenda of the 26th (Ordinary) Session of the IBC
- Follow-up to the recommendations of the open-ended working group on governance, procedures and working methods of the governing bodies of UNESCO as related to the IBC
- Draft Report of the IBC on Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) and Parenthood
- Draft Report of the IBC on the Principle of Individual Responsibility as related to Health
Working Documents (COMEST Session)
- Provisional Agenda of the 11th (Ordinary) Session of COMEST
- Preliminary study of the COMEST Extended Working Group on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence