High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
New York, 9-18 July 2019
The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF), under the theme “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality", will take place from 9 to 18 July 2019 at United Nations Headquarters in New York. HLPF is the main UN platform on sustainable development and has a central role in the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the global level.
HLPF 2019, including a three-day ministerial meeting, will review Sustainable Development Goal 4 for the first time since the 2030 agenda was adopted four years ago. Goals 8 (decent work and economic growth), 10 (reduce inequalities), 13 (climate action), 16 (peace, justice and strong institutions) and 17 (global partnership) will also be reviewed this year with an aim to strengthen their interlinkages with other goals and emphasize on implementation.
As the lead agency for SDG4, UNESCO will be at the Forum and will be taking part in multiple side-events. The Global Education Monitoring Report, UIS and the UNESCO convened SDG-Education 2030 Steering Committee will will be releasing key findings. An interactive exhibition on the transformative power of education will also be displayed at UN Headquarters during HLPF.
Key figures from the review of progress on SDG 4 since 2015.
Explores the different ways countries have taken on the challenge of implementing SDG 4 and showcases good practices since 2015.
Highlights projections for SDG 4 targets. A third of the way to 2030, it shows that the world is drastically off track.
A review of progress on SDG 4 and related targets and indicators in the cluster of SDGs under review at the HLPF 2019.
Explores the different ways countries have taken on the challenge of implementing SDG 4 and showcases good practices since 2015..
- High-level Political Forum on UN web site
- Advancing the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda
- Leading Education 2030
- 16.07.2019 - High Level Political Forum: Education is everyone’s responsibility
- 12.07.2019 - Five questions for a youth education advocate
- 10.07.2019 - The power of education: Inspiring stories from four continents
- 09.07.2019 - Commit to education and transform education says UN High-level Political Forum
- 09.07.2019 - UNESCO projections show countries are off track in meeting their education commitments for 2030
- 08.07.2019 - UNESCO Director-General welcomes increased commitment from education stakeholders gathered at UNESCO for the G7 meeting