- Time and date : 23 July 3-6 pm Paris time
- Platform: ZOOM
- Registration Form (closed)
- Programme ( EN- FR)
- Concept note ( EN - FR)
This online meeting is part of a series of regional consultations aimed at building a global consensus on open science. It will provide a platform to provide inputs from West European and North American scientists, science funders, policy makers, innovators, publishers and other concerned stakeholders to the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science.
Lessons learnt and experiences of the regional stakeholders on the development and implementation of Open Science strategies, policies and other initiatives, will be shared taking cognizance of the key challenges and required infrastructures for Open Science with suggestions on how to overcome them, as well as areas for international collaboration and networking to advance Open Science globally.
- Division of Science Policy and Capacity-Building, Natural Sciences Sector, UNESCO
- UNESCO category 1 center, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP),
- UNESCO affiliated TWAS, The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries,
This meeting is a satellite event of ESOF 2020 and is organized in collaboration with EuroDIG.
- Towards a UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science in English, French and Spanish
- Preliminary study of the technical, financial and legal aspects of the desirability of a UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
- Consolidated Roadmap for a Possible UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
- UNESCO Open Access
- 2017 Recommendation on Science and Scientific Research
- 2019 UNESCO Recommendation on Open Educational Resources (page 170)