Information for All Programme (IFAP)
Intergovernmental Council for IFAP
IFAP is guided in its planning and implementation by an Intergovernmental Council comprising 26 UNESCO Member States that are elected by UNESCO’s General Conference. The functioning of the Council is financed by UNESCO’s regular budget.
Within the framework of the decisions of the General Conference concerning the Information for All Programme, the Council has the following functions:
- considering proposals on the development and adaptation of the Information for All Programme;
- recommending the broad lines of action that the Information for All Programme could take;
- reviewing and assessing achievements and defining the basic areas requiring increased international co-operation;
- promoting participation of Member States in the Information for All Programme;
- supporting all fund raising efforts for the implementation of the Information for All Programme;
- providing, in its areas of specialization, its formal input to the Mid-term Strategy C/4 and the draft Programme and Budget C/5 documents of UNESCO;
- contributing, in its areas of specialization, to the implementation of UNESCO’s Mid-term Strategy (C/4) and Programme and Budget (C/5);
- making any necessary proposals for co-ordinating the Information for All Programme with those conducted by all concerned international organizations and UNESCO Programs;
- assisting in the development of regional and national projects related to the Information for All Programme;
- supporting all fund-raising efforts for the implementation of the Information for All Programme.
The IFAP Council, in accordance to its Statutes, is composed of twenty-six (26) Member States of UNESCO elected by the General Conference taking into account the need to ensure equitable geographical distribution and appropriate rotation. 18 UNESCO Member States have been elected / reelected to the IFAP Council for 2022-2023.
The persons appointed by Member States as their representatives on the Council is preferably a specialists in the fields covered by the Information for All Programme.
|Member States elected from 40th to end of 42nd session of the General Conference (2019-2023):||Member States elected from 41st to end of 43nd session of the General Conference (2021-2025):|
|Republic of Korea||Zimbabwe|