The 2019 call for nominations is now open.
Who can be nominated?
Who can submit nominations?
How to submit nominations?
- Nominations must be completed online by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the concerned Member State, or by an NGO in official partnership with UNESCO, through their official account.
- It is possible for National Commissions to UNESCO to access and complete the online form. However, any nomination by a National Commission will need to be submitted by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the respective Member State. An automatic notification message will be sent to the official e-mail address of the Delegation to this end.
- If a National Commission or Permanent Delegation to UNESCO wishes that the form be completed electronically by the nominees, UNESCO can create a UNESTEAMS account for each nominee. A request should be sent to email@example.com. After completion of the online form by the nominee, the concerned National Commission and Permanent Delegation will receive a notification e-mail and can review the nomination before the Permanent Delegation submits to UNESCO.
- Attention should be paid to presenting the project/programme of the nominee in a clear and structured way, following the instructions given in the form.
- All supporting material (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
- While completing the Form, please also keep in mind that the project/programme will be assessed by the Jury on the basis of the selection criteria.
2. Submit the Online Nomination Form
- Nominations have to be submitted in the online system by the concerned Permanent Delegations to UNESCO or the NGO by midnight of 30 April 2019 (UTC+1, Paris time).
- Kindly note that each Permanent Delegation or NGO may not submit more than three nominations.
For any questions regarding the UNESCO-Japan Prize on ESD or the submission process, please contact the Secretariat of the Prize at the Section of Education for Sustainable Development of UNESCO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also check our replies to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).