Call for applications - Communication Officer - Transcultura Programme
Photo: @Canva Studio en Pexels.
The UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean is in charge of the implementation of the UNESCO programme Transcultura: Integrating Cuba, the Caribbean and the European Union through Culture and Creativity, supported by the European Union. The Programme is built on two components: the first focusing on strengthening the skills and capacities of young cultural professionals and the second on enhancing opportunities through knowledge transfer and exchanges. It includes the establishment of a regional Cultural Training Hub in Cuba and will create opportunities for entrepreneurship, socio-economic projects and collaboration in the cultural and creative sectors, heritage and tourism within the Caribbean region and with the European Union.
The programme was launched at the beginning of 2020 and is expected to last until the end of 2023. A dedicated Communication and Visibility Plan has been defined, in line with the Communication and Visibility Manual for EU-funded External Actions, and a visual identity for the programme has been developed.
In the context of the implementation of the programme, the UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean is looking for a Communication Officer to plan and implement all activities related to internal and external outreach and visibility, in line with the programme’s Communication and Visibility Plan. The overall purpose is raising awareness about the programme and its achievements, as well as, more globally, on the role of the cultural and creative sectors for sustainable development and the achievement of the 2030 Agenda Sustainable Development Goals.
The position is advertised for an initial duration of four months (1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022), with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The selected candidate will work in close cooperation with a graphic design expert.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean and the direct supervision of the Coordinator of the Transcultura programme, the Communication Officer shall:
• Implement the Transcultura Programme Communication and Visibility Plan, and propose modifications as appropriate;
• Develop communication messaging and materials for different audiences (governments, donors, partners and the press), concerning either the programme as a whole or individual activities.
• Upscale the Transcultura website and ensure its regular update through webnews and other relevant materials;
• Implement media outreach initiatives;
• Monitor information sources (news, articles, academic papers, infographics, maps, videos, etc);
• Oversee the production of audio-visual materials (videos, etc.);
• Oversee the work of a photographer and videographer for the Transcultura programme.