Title: Programme Assistant – Education Sector
Domain: UNESCO New Delhi Office
Organizational Unit: Education Sector
Duty Station: UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office
Type of contract: Service Contract (Level 5 Range 1)
Duration of contract: 16 August 2021 to 31 January 2022
Monthly salary: INR 58,646/- (inclusive of 15% Social Security)
Deadline:30 July 2021-Midnight (Indian Time)
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Background and Context
UNESCO New Delhi and Whisper®️, India’s leading feminine care brand, have come together to raise awareness and educate on Menstrual Hygiene Management under the programme #KeepGirlsInSchool.
The #KeepGirlsInSchool project will entail engaging with National and State education authorities to ensure the incorporation of the co-developed teaching learning resource material (module) on puberty and period education as part of the school curriculum. To further spur the project’s mission, the developed sub-modules will be holistic and inclusive which will focus on the aspects of health and nutrition, teacher’s training, gender, and disability.
In the above context and as we pass through this highly sensitive and volatile situation, UNESCO is committed to ensure #KeepGirlsInSchool and that #Learning Never Stops. Therefore, to create awareness and to ensure that girls can achieve their full potential, UNESCO New Delhi is partnering with P&G to design and develop an awareness campaign and a teaching learning material (module) on Puberty Education as part of the School Health Programme, which would be integrated into the national and state school curriculum, and teacher education. Thus, with the development of a holistic module on Puberty and Period Education, UNESCO New Delhi aims to identify and bring attention to the issues of menstrual hygiene management (MHM) in India and simultaneously to make actionable policy recommendations.
Overview of the functions of the post
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO New Delhi Office and the direct supervision of National Programme Officer, Education sector, UNESCO New Delhi, the incumbent will:
- Coordinate between the various consultants and UNESCO Staff on all issues related to the project.
- Coordinate with IT staff to create, share and record the link of all meetings between UNESCO, P&G and all consultants.Prepare Meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, Key Outcomes and other required documents (as requested by the supervisor) of all meetings between UNESCO, P&G and the various consultants.
- Attend all required (as requested the by supervisor) meetings between UNESCO, P&G and various consultants.
- Provide all consultants and other key individuals with the Meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, Key Outcomes of all bimonthly meetings between UNESCO, P&G and the various consultants.
- Ensure all key questions of the stakeholders are forwarded to the requisite personnel and are addressed either via email or during the bimonthly meeting.
- Create a calendar of all international days related to the project and to coordinate with experts and provide content related to the project.
- Provide support in drafting and editing all press releases, web articles, authored articles, Op-eds, blogs, videos and support on the television debates on issues pertaining to the project and ensure coordination with the requisite UNESCO staff member.
- Maintain a record of all meetings taking place between UNESCO staff, P&G and the various consultants and experts.
- Maintain a record of all documents circulated between UNESCO, P&G and the various consultants.
- Maintain a record of all documents related to the project for internal circulation.
Skills and Competencies
- A successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Accountability Communication Teamwork Innovation
- Results focus
- Planning and organizing
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple tasks and deliver under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
Master’s degree from a recognized University will be considered.
At least 2 years of working experience. Previous experience in international development bodies would be considered as an asset.
Excellent English, both oral and written. Knowledge of another UN official language would be considered as an asset.
Duration of Contract
The contract shall be initially for the period 16 August 2021 to 31 January 2022 with option for renewal subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance. Benefits include 2.5 days of annual leave and 1day sick leave per completed month of service.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their application by e-mail to email@example.com, by midnight on 30 July 2021. The subject of your email will be clearly marked “L-5 Programme Assistant (Education Sector)”. Please provide your CV (UNESCO CV form to be used) along with three references and a Motivation/Cover letter explaining your suitability for the position. Applications received after the closing date set in the notice will not be accepted.
UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Please note that UNESCO is a non‐smoking Organization.