UNESCO Ha Noi is looking for a national consultant to support the implementation of the Project “ Promote Quality Heritage tourism in Trang An” in 2019 - 2020
Terms of References
UNESCO is working with national and local partners in implementing a project which aims at improving the quality of heritage tourism in Trang An through an integrated management approach and the promotion of sustainable tourism practices. Specific project objectives include:
• Improve small scale and community-based tourism services for sustainability.
• Coordinate the public-private partnerships to enable an inclusive heritage tourism development with new opportunities for local SMEs and community.
• Improve the heritage interpretation framework, marketing and communication and reinforce the coordinated heritage interpretation practices in correspondence with the recognized World heritage site outstanding universal values.
• Strengthen visitor management through assessment and planning; determine carrying capacities for the World Heritage property.
- Tasks and responsibilities
The consultant will work closely with the Associate Culture Project Officer, under the technical supervision of the Head of Culture unit, and be responsible for the specific assignments as of followings:
- Develop a project workplan in detail, with narrative of implementation;
- Facilitate the organization of technical meetings, training courses for local partners and communities in community-based and sustainable tourism;
- Coordinate the draft of curriculum on heritage tourism/guiding and the organization of community trainings and workshops;
- Draft technical and implementation reports of the project; press releases and related communication items for the project on UNESCO website and social media;
- Conduct the data collection, analysis with recommendations to improve local communities engagement and benefits in tourism operations at Trang An Landscape WHS; with priorities given to female employees and local households working directly in the WH property.
- A final project workplan in detail with narrative for implementation modalities;
- Concepts, meeting minutes and reports of technical meetings and training workshops and supporting technical documentation;
- Draft curriculum, training programs and reports;
- Project implementation report, communication contents;
- Data collection and research reports
- Required Qualification:
- University degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in related fields; specializations in tourism and heritage management are most desired;
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experiences in working in related field;
- Excellent computing skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related programmes;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese
The assignment is expected to take place from December 2019 to December 2020. The remuneration package will be negotiated, based on the UN cost norm and the consultant’s qualifications. Candidates are invited to send an email expressing their interest and availability together with their CV directed to the attention of Ms. Le Hoang Lien, Culture Associate Project Officer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 08/12/2019 (COB)