On the 23rd of December 2015 the Khartoum office of UNESCO in collaboration with the Sudanese National Commission for Education, Science and Culture organized an Education Info-Session for national partners. The event took place on the premises of the National Commission. Functionaries of the Ministry of Education, the National Council for Literacy and Adult Education, The National Council for Child Welfare, the National Center for Childhood Care and Development, the National Council for Technical and Technological Education, the Supreme Council for Vocational Training and Apprenticeship, the National Center for Curriculum Development and Educational Research, the National Council for People with Disability, the National Union of Disability, and the National Education Committee attended the event. It was chaired by H.E. Professor Abdeen Salih (a member of the UNESCO Executive Board) and H.E. Abdelhafeez Elasadig (the State Minister of the Ministry of Education).
The info-session was covered by the Sudanese Media, including the Sudan National TV, and three daily newspapers.
Dr. Aiman Badri, Education Specialist in the Khartoum office, presented the results of the work of UNESCO in Sudan in 2015, and shared with the public the strategic vision of the Khartoum office of UNESCO for 2016-17. The strategic outlines for the coming biennium are:
- Promoting 2030 Agenda in Education (Contributing to SDG 4)
- Strengthening Literacy in Sudan (Contributing to SDG Targets 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.a)
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Sudan (Contributing to SDG Targets 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.7, 4.a)
- Improving Pre-Primary Education in Sudan (Contributing to SDG Targets 4.2, 4.a)
- ICT to Education (Contributing to SDG Target 4.a)
- Improving Teachers (Contributing to SDG Target 4.c)
The participants of the event expressed their support for the presented strategy of the Khartoum office in Education for Sudan.