Registration for the ETTC in Bishkek is now open
The Ethics Teachers’ Training Course will be delivered jointly by UNESCO and the Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan on 4-8 November, to advance quality ethics education by building professional capacities of ethics teachers in the county and in the wider Central Asian region.
The Course will be based on one-week training module developed by UNESCO. The module contains the following key components:
1. Global Perspective on Ethics Teaching: trends, challenges and opportunities
2. The UNESCO Core Curriculum as a tool for promoting quality ethics education
3. Ethics Teaching in Action: what and how to teach (a model lesson)
4. Ethics teaching in Central Asia: Sharing experiences in ethics teaching in the host country
5. Classroom communication: pedagogy and psychology of ethics teaching
6. Teaching Demonstrations by participants followed by feedback from the Course facilitators
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submitting the filled out application is 31 August 2019. Please send the completed application form, available from UNESCO Almaty website, to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE COURSE FACILITATORS
Ethics Teaching Training Courses is conducted by a team of experts with extensive experience in ethics education, including the experts from Central Asia.
PARTICIPANTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Due to the interactive nature of the course, the number of participants is limited to 30 persons. The decisions concerning admission to the course will be made on the bases of the following criteria:
• Masters or higher degree (in areas such as law, medicine, philosophy, ethics, and social sciences);
• University affiliation (teaching experience or plans to engage in teaching);
• Good command of the language of instruction (Russian).
• Content of the motivation letter (minimum of 600 words), stating the applicant’s reasons for participating in the course and expectations concerning the use of the acquired knowledge.
There is no tuition fee for participating in ETTC. However, the participants are expected to cover the charges related to their travel to the venue and their accommodation. Low cost accommodation options will also be available for the participants accepted for the Course.
PREPARATION AND READING MATERIALS
The core reading materials for ETTC participants are available free of charge from UNESCO web site (www.unesco.org/bioethics):
• Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights.
• Bioethics Core Curriculum, Section 1: Syllabus. Ethics Education Programme, UNESCO, 2008.
• Bioethics Core Curriculum, Section 2: Study materials. Ethics Education programme, UNESCO, 2011.
• Casebook on Human Dignity and Human Rights, Bioethics Core Curriculum Casebook Series, No. 1, UNESCO, 2011.
• Casebook on Benefit and Harm, Bioethics Core Curriculum Casebook Series, No. 2, UNESCO, 2011.
Each participant will also be expected to select any topic in ethics, based on their own interest and expertise, and prepare a 15-minute teaching demonstration on this topic, to put into use the ethics teaching approaches showcased during the Course. The audience of this presentation will be the group of fellow participants as well as the course facilitators. The facilitators will provide immediate constructive feedback and suggestions.
For additional information, please contact Ms. Arina Myassoyed in Almaty Office of UNESCO (email@example.com).
Application form is available for download
Application Form ETTC Bishkek November 2019-en.docx