The Director-General of UNESCO Irina Bokova will attend the International Youth Conference on Volunteering and Dialogue to be held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from 3 to 5 December 2013
This Conference is part of the cooperation agreement signed in 2010 with His Highness Prince Faisal bin Abdullah Al Saud in support of the Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Programme for a Culture of Peace and Dialogue – to celebrate diversity, to deepen the culture of peace, to promote ‘learning to live together’ in schools, universities, the media.
The conference is composed of five sessions:
- Youth Volunteering and Promoting a Culture of Dialogue
- Youth Volunteering, Peace-Building and Humanitarian Assistance
- Volunteerism, the Culture of Peace and Sustainable Development
- How to Promote Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Dialogue
- The Role of Information technology and communications in promoting volunteerism and Responsible Citizenship