9 new creative and artistic projects under the International Fund for the Promotion of Culture
The Administrative Council of the International Fund for the Promotion of Culture (IFPC) met on 19 and 20 February 2015 for its fourth ordinary session. The Council examined and approved a total of 9 projects for co-funding under the IFPC in Africa, the Arab States, Asia, Latin America and Europe. These projects were chosen for their artistic and creative content, their partner and resource mobilization, and their potential for sustainable impact.
Almost 700 project proposals were received across all regions in response to the second call for proposals of the International Fund for the Promotion of Culture in 2014. This call for proposals was open to artists, NGOs and non-profit private bodies, and public bodies whose activities contribute to the promotion of culture and artistic creation. This impressive number of applications is a clear indication of the importance and need, across regions, to support artistic and cultural works and events.
The Administrative Council of the IFPC is comprised of eight members designated by the Director-General who meet in ordinary session once a year and who sit on the Council in their personal capacity.
Through the projects it will chose to support, the IFPC intends to promote:
• cultures as sources of knowledge, meanings, values and identity;
• the role of culture for sustainable development;
• artistic creativity in all its forms, while respecting freedom of expression;
• international and regional cultural cooperation.
Eligible activities include:
• the production of cultural and artistic works;
• the organization of cultural and artistic events of national, regional and/or international scope contributing to the establishment of culture and development strategies and programmes.
- The Secretariat is currently contacting the successful candidates. The list of approved projects will be put online shortly.
- The next IFPC call will be launched on 15 May 2015
- For more information, please visit our website www.unesco.org/culture/en/ifpc