The Policy Forum will offer a platform to discuss the different policy avenues that governments are paving to address the opportunities and challenges of frontier technologies and maximize in particular the benefits of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education.
The Forum will bring together ministers of education, ministers of technology, telecom regulators, and leaders from private sector companies to discuss how coordinated action can facilitate the creation of a coherent policy framework that allows education systems to, at once, leverage the potential benefits and address the risks of AI.
Breakdown sessions will discuss the following:
- Session 1: What policies are needed to harness AI to accelerate progress towards SDG 4?
- Session 2: What policies are needed to ensure frontier technologies and AI can support digital transformation, e-learning and digital skills development?
- Session 3: What policies are needed to ensure inclusiveness in the use of accessible ICTs and AI in education?
- Session 4: What policies are needed to empower and prepare teachers for AI-powered learning environments?
- Policy Forum programme
- Policy Forum speakers
- Webast link: English - French
Learning and Skills
- Creating next-generation digital courses: Using AI to support personalized, collaborative, socio-emotional learning
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence in higher education
- The impact of artificial intelligence on occupations: Is there a place for intermediate level occupations?
- Towards a UN-wide strategy on the future of education and learning
- Artificial Intelligence and language learning: A live experience
- Evaluating the impact of education programs: Methods and case studies
- Challenges and approaches to capacity building in the age of artificial intelligence
- Looking at AI through a gender lense
- The next wave of disruption: Teaching and learning in the AI era
- Artificial Intelligence and frontier technologies for OER
- Artificial intelligence and Inclusion: Why it matters for reaching the SDGs?
Freedom of Expression and Access to Information
- Artificial Intelligence and disinformation
- AI hands-on for young learners in Africa
- The holistic approach: Launch of AI primer reflection on rights, openness, access and multi-stakeholder participation
- The holistic approach: Open data and AI
Science and Society
Creativity and Heritage