International Conference of NGOs (ICNGO)
The International Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations is a key forum for meeting and dialogue among NGOs in official partnership with UNESCO, explicitly provided for by the Directives.
It enables NGO official partners to meet every two years (usually in December) to review the state of cooperation with UNESCO, to conduct collective consultations on the main lines of UNESCO's programme, and to facilitate cooperation between NGOs having common interests.
The NGO-UNESCO Liaison COmmittee
The NGO-UNESCO Liaison Committee is a permanent body - elected by the International Conference of NGOs – operating between meetings of the International Conference to represent the interests of all NGO partners vis-à-vis UNESCO and ensure the proper functioning and efficiency of the partnership between the community of NGO partners and UNESCO. It is chaired by the Chairperson of the International Conference and is composed of 10 NGO partners (four with associate status and six with consultative status), with at least one partner from each region.
The Committee is currently chaired by Mr Davide Grosso, Chairperson of the International Conference of NGOs and is composed of the following NGOs for the 2021-2022 period:
- Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW)
- Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS)
- Fédération africaine des associations de parents d'élèves et étudiants (FAPE)
- International Council of Associations for Science Education (ICASE)
- International Council of Organizations for Folklore Festivals and Folk Art (CIOFF)
- International Federation of Business and Professional Women (BPW INTERNATIONAL)
- Latin American Campaign for the Right to Education (CLADE)
- Sozopol Foundation
- World Committee for Lifelong Learning (CMA)
- World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM)
Among its main tasks, the Committee also organizes, in cooperation with the UNESCO Secretariat, international forums of NGOs in official partnership with UNESCO on a priority issue of the Organization. For more information on the NGO-UNESCO Liaison Committee and its workplans consult its website.