8 New Creative And Artistic Projects Approved for IFPC Co-funding
More than 800 project proposals were received from around the world in the International Fund for the Promotion of Culture’s (IFPC) fourth call for proposals in 2016. The IFPC Administrative Council approved the co-funding of eight projects from Africa, the Arab States, Latin America and Europe. These projects were chosen on the basis of their artistic and creative content, their partnerships and resource mobilization, and their potential to have a sustainable impact.
1. Azmari Music: A Renaissance in Ethiopia (Ethiopia)
2. Art and Environmental Action: An Environmentally Focused Public Art Project in Livingstone, Zambia (Zambia and South Africa)
3. Karmakol Festival Sudan - Platform for International Culture Exchange (Sudan)
4. Nouakchott Theatre Days (Mauritania)
5. The Awakening of Understanding – Youth Drama and Dance Theatre From Gaza (Palestine)
6. International Theater Festival Danail Chirpanski (Bulgaria)
7. From the Andes to the Sea on Route 23 (Argentina)
8. Weaving Music for Radio by Latin American Women Composers (Brazil)
Cine a la Calle: Community Film Screenings & Filmmaking Workshops
Co-funded by the UNESCO International Fund for the promotion of Culture (IFPC), this project trains amateur filmmakers in filmmaking and film appreciation. It gives them the opportunity to create, produce, edit and present their original works in public spaces in Barranquilla (Colombia) as well as at the 17th edition of the Cine a la Calle International Short Film Festival.
Through the organization of film screenings and filmmaking workshops, Cine a la calle is using film as a tool to empower youth.