International Day for Universal Access to Information
IDUAI 2017 - Around the World
- Cuban Union of Informatics
In Egypt, four events are organized at the American university in Cairo as part of this week on 27 and 28 September:
28 September 2017
* ITU-UNESCO High-level Symposium - Overcoming Divides and Achieving the SDGs: Supporting the inclusion of people with disabilities and vulnerable group. (9:00 – 13:00)
This High Level Symposium will consist of keynote speeches as well as an interactive panel discussion by diverse stakeholders involved in supporting the implementation of the SDGs in Egypt. The exchanges will serve to raise awareness of ongoing initiatives aimed at overcoming barriers to information/social incluion. Through the sharing of experiences, the event will highlight opportunities for collaboration.
* Mitigating PWD Inclusion Challenges Using ICT (9:00 – 12:00)
This workshop organized by the Egypt ICT Trust Fund, the International Labour Union (ILO) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) will highlight achievements and ongoing activities of a 3-phase national project that aims to create broader participation in the labour market for persons with disabilities.
* ITU/UNESCO Workshop on Organizing Accessible Meetings (14:00 – 17:00)
This workshop will focus on raising awareness on the measures that stakeholders, particularly regional and international organizations, should take in organizing their meetings, workshops, conferences and other activities to insure that they are accessible to persons with disabilities.
27 September, 2017
* ITU/UNESCO Web Accessibility Training (9:00 – 17:00)
This 2-day course targets officials involved in creating ICT accessibility policies, project managers, website developers, and other digital content creators. The course will cover aspects such as : what is web accessibility? How to implement it in terms of policy and organization processes? Web Content Accessibility Standards as well as their implementation and validation.
- American University in Cairo (AUC)
- Egyptian National Commission for UNESCO
- Egypt ICT Trust Fund
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
- Ministry of Education and Technical Education
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Department of the National Library - Jordan
- JUST Library, the library of Jordan University of Science and Technology