The aims of this review are to:
- Establish a comprehensive picture of ICT impact studies and their impact areas at national and European level (Chapter 4, Annex 2);
- Give a reference framework for describing impact looking at the approaches taken in two major impact studies (Chapter 5);
- Inform policy makers and practitioners on the results of these studies including the research methods used (Chapter 6 and 7);
- Reflect critically on these findings and raise the discussions with policymakers (Chapter 10);
- Give policy recommendations and make suggestions for future action on the basis of the evidence available and emerging from the discussions with the ICT cluster (Chapter 11).