The Heritage Navigations are an educational tool created by the Club for UNESCO of La Rochelle.
The aim is to develop students’ awareness, regarding natural and cultural heritage. This teaching has already been set up in Charente-Maritime (France) and in Basse-Casamance (Senegal). As our motto is « Think globally… Act locally », this project can absolutely be adapted to other regions of the world.
This tool proposes several modules to discover the maritime territory including a day of navigation, but also many visits of places linked to coastal and marine environment (aquarium, maritime museum, dockyards…).
Concretely, what are our actions?
- Making people discover the environmental and historical heritage of Charente-Maritime and Casamance coasts,
- Developing pupils’ awareness regarding the protection of our natural and historical heritage,
- Introducing pupils to trades and economic activities with regard to the maritime territory,
- Offering a chance to pupils to get an enriching sea experience,
- Initiating pupils into the coastal navigation practice on a motorboat.
Thus this project is implemented in a responsible, environmental, educational, playful and solidarity approach.
For more information: