Global MIL Week 2017
Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2017
Media and Information Literacy in Critical Times: Re-imagining Ways of Learning and Information Environments
Media and information literacy (MIL) includes a set of competencies to search, critically evaluate, use and contribute information and media content wisely; knowledge of one’s rights online; understanding how to combat online hate speech and cyberbullying; understanding of the ethical issues surrounding the access and use of information; and engage with media and ICTs to promote equality, free expression, intercultural/interreligious dialogue, peace, etc. Read more about MIL
Message from Ms Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO
10 ways to celebrate
Not sure how to be part of the Global MIL Week? We propose you 10 ways to celebrate.
Submit a paper or presentation
We invite all stakeholders across the world who are interested in participating in the feature conference to submit papers or presentation about MIL-related research, initiatives, programmes, policies and other types of work and new ideas.
Announce an MIL-related initiative
UNESCO is making efforts to create a database of worldwide MIL-related projects, initiatives and voluntary commitments. Register yours right now!
EVENTS AROUND THE GLOBE
- 21 November 2017 When Media and Information Literacy becomes critical
- 21 November 2017 At the heart of creating knowledge for change
- 13 November 2017 UNESCO releases new publication: Survey on Privacy in Media and Information Literacy with Youth Perspectives
- 6 November 2017 2017 Global Media and Information Literacy Award: Organizations in four countries recognized
- 27 October 2017 Building the cloud of critical minds - Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2017 Youth Agenda Forum
- 27 October 2017 Experiencing a world of media and information literacy reggae-style in Jamaica
- 1 September 2017 Low-cost ways for media, libraries and schools to celebrate Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2017
- 3 July 2017 UNESCO supports GAPMIL Global MIL Awards 2017 - Call for nominations
- 2 June 2017 Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2017 - Website launched and registrations open