HLPF side-event Setting commitments: National SDG 4 benchmarks to transform education
Hybrid event, Thursday July 7, 12:30-2:15 PM EST, In-person Japan Society, 333 East 47th Street New York/ Livestream GEM Report Facebook page
Co-hosted by the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report and the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) the event will offer an opportunity to build momentum around the development of national benchmarks for measuring progress towards SDG 4.
Join us to hear insights on the process of setting national SDG 4 benchmarks aligned with national education sector plans and their importance as a key outcome of the upcoming Transforming Education Summit, upon which the monitoring of other Summit commitments can also be built.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO
- Ambassador Rodrigues-Birkett, Permanent Mission of Guyana to the United Nations
- H.E David Moinina Sengeh, Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education and ChiefInnovation Officer for the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation, Sierra Leone
- Ibtisam Ayoub, Secretary General of Jordan National Commission for Education, Culture and Science, Jordan Focal point for SDG4 / Member of HLSC Sherpa group
- Susan Hopgood, President of Education international and Federal Secretary of the Australian Education Union
- Cheikhena Lam, Director of Policy and Planning, Ministry of Education, Senegal
- Manos Antoninis, Director, Global Education Monitoring Report
- Silvia Montoya, Director, UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- Debra Jones, Head of Advocacy, Education Commission (moderator)
PLEASE NOTE: Masks are required for entry into the Japan Society premises and participants will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and ID at the door.