Side Event: Leave No Child Behind: Invest in the early years
On the side lines of the International Forum on Inclusion and Equity in Education in Cali, Colombia, Light for the World, Open Society Foundations, ECDAN, IDDC, GCE, and GCE-US will host a panel discussion on the importance of quality, equitable, and inclusive early childhood development (ECD) for mitigating the risks of children not achieving their full potential. Investments in inclusive ECD can ensure the pathway for even the most marginalized children with disabilities to access their right to education.
Global donors are not yet doing enough in regard to the financing of inclusive early childhood development. This session will focus on the importance of investing in ECD, what donors are currently doing, and the recommendations for achieving our goal of inclusive ECD programs.
· Nafisa Baboo, Light for the World, Director of Inclusive Education
· Stuart Cameron, Global Partnership for Education, Equity and Inclusion Specialist
· Sian Tesni, CBM International, Senior Advisor for Education and Co-Chair of the IDDC Education Task Force
· Rasmata Ouedraogo, Director of Inclusive Education
· Anna D’Addio, Global Education Monitoring Report, UNESCO
· Dragana Sretenov (moderator), Open Societies Foundations, Senior Team Manager, Early Childhood Program