UNESCO’s Global Art Contest: “My School Protects Me“
In June 2019, UNESCO launched the global Art Contest, “My School Protects Me” through its Associated Schools Network (ASPnet).
With this Art Contest, UNESCO aims to encourage all users of learning facilities to think about the importance of protecting students and ensuring that they can pursue their education in a safe learning environment. The voice and perspective of children and young people, and their relationships with their own school represent an invaluable contribution to discussions and efforts at local, national and international levels for making schools safer and more resilient.
Winners were announced on Wednesday 16 October 2019 during a UNESCO event organized in the framework of the International Day for Disaster Reduction 2019 that is focusing on “Substantially reduce disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services, among them health and educational facilities, including through developing their resilience by 2030."
- 1st Prize: Institucion Educativa Inicial n°119 "Felipe Alva y Alva", Peru
- 2nd Prize: St Jude School, Costa Rica
- 3rd Prize: Creche Escola Sonho Encantado, Brazil
Primary School category
- 1st Prize: Escuala INVU Las Cañas, Costa Rica
- 2nd Prize: Jaunsilava Primary School, Latvia
- 3rd Prize: Own Heliopolis School, Egypt
Secondary School category
- 1st Prize: Satriwittaya School, Thailand
- 2nd Prize: Concordia College, Namibia
- 3rd Prize: Engineering University School and College, Bangladesh
- Ledong Huangliu High School of No.2 High School of East China Normal University, China
- Liceo Experimental Bilingüe de Turrialba, Costa Rica