Save the date: 26 January Co-Constructing Futures of Education Panel at #learningplanetfestival
The latest report from UNESCO – Reimagining our futures together: A new social contract for education – highlights more than ever the need to move towards a learning society with new models of education, and this session takes this report as its inspiration. The first part of the session will give an overview of the report and its recommendations, and will invite speakers whose work gives them a metaview of the education ecosystem to share their visions of how to bring these recommendations alive, from the generic ideas to the implementation of new practices and the co-construction of new systems.
During the second part of this session, we will be discussing with speakers and participants how to bring the recommendations from this report to life: how to understand what is happening in the world that speaks to the report recommendations; how to crowdsource, document and share this information; and how to follow these initiatives so that we implement resilient structures for learning, as well as how to measure and report back on the successes and learnings of co-created structures and initiatives around the world, so that that we may hold ourselves regularly accountable for the future of education.
The session will launch a meta-ecosystem: a learning system which invites actors to document and share their initiatives, to support learning communities, to collaborate and to come together as a Group of International Experts of Learning to ensure the Futures of Education meets the needs of the planet.
This online event will take place on January 26th, 9:30-11:00am Paris time. Registration is free and available here.
- Sebastian Berger, Executive Director Global Student Forum
- Jeroo Billimoria, Founder of One Family Foundation, Co-Founder of Catalyst 2030
- Valerie Hannon, Co-Founder, Global Education Leaders' Partnership (GELP) and Board Director, Innovation Unit
- Gaëll Mainguy, Executive Director, Learning Planet Institute
- Laura Savage, Executive Director International Education Funders Group (IEFG)
- François Taddei, Founder and President, Learning Planet Institute
- Sobhi Tawil, Director Future of Learning and Innovation UNESCO