Cultural integration in the Caribbean deepened and people-to-people cooperation and exchanges in the Caribbean and with the European Union strengthened.
Outcome 1: The professionalization of the cultural and creative sectors in region strengthened:
Output 1.1: A Regional Culture Training Hub in Cuba, linked to relevant Caribbean institutions, established and capacities of culture professionals strengthened.
Outcome 2: Stakeholders and benefi ciaries generate new opportunities for socio-economic development and cultural cooperation in the Caribbean and between the region and the European Union:
Output 2.1: Capacities for the development of new cultural projects, self-employment and start-up/scaling up activities strengthened.
Output 2.2: Joint actions and twinnings for cultural exchange and cooperation in the Caribbean and between the Caribbean and the European Union promoted
Output 2.3: Promotional mechanisms to support cultural and heritage tourism within the different linguistic areas of the Caribbean.
The Programme contributes to the...
- Strategic Plan for the Caribbean Community 2015-2019: Repositioning CARICOM
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Development Strategy, 2019-2028
- CARIFORUM-EU Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)
- UNESCO 39 C/5 General Programme 2018-2021
- 2030 Agenda and the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
Outputs and key actions
A regional Cultural Training Hub in Cuba, linkedto relevant Caribbean institutions, established and capacities of culture professionals strengthened
- Restoration of the Santa Clara Convent as the academic site for training on restoration
- Preparation and implementation of multilingual training courses to be offered at the Hub, including the translation of materials and adaptation of course elements to the Caribbean, according to demand
- Development and implementation of a scholarship programme to enhance mobility and access to capacity building for regional participants
- Integration of capacity building participants into cultural and academic activities and exchanges
- Development of virtual courses
Capacities for the development of new cultural projects, self-employment and start-up/scaling up activities strengthened
- Promotion of partnerships with European entities (state, private, educational and other) to support participant projects
- Implementation of a project incubator programme through partners
- Development and delivery of a virtual course to enhance proposal writing and presentation
- Training for project proposal development for submission to the sub-granting schemes of the ACP EU Culture Programme and others
Joint actions and twinnings for cultural exchange and cooperation in the Caribbean and between the Caribbean and the European Union promoted
- Implementation of a pilot twinning initiative
- Identification, development and support of joint actions and spaces for cultural exchange and cooperation in the region and between the region and Europe
- Engaging authorities in charge of culture and tourism to facilitate Programme implementation and sustainability
Promotional mechanisms to support cultural and heritage tourism within the different linguistic areas of the Caribbean:
- Identification of cultural tourism routes
- Capacity building workshops for heritage site managers and culture, creative and tourism sector actors (authorities and the private sector)
- Exchange between artists and other young entrepreneurs in the creative sector held at destinations for sustainable tourism
- Promotion of economic activities at destinations for sustainable tourism
CARICOM + CARIFORUM + OECS Member States