Special Dialogue on Online Education in the COVID-19 Response and Beyond
Special Dialogue on Online Education in the COVID-19 Response and Beyond.
In light of the far-reaching consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on education systems around the world, with 1,575,270,054 affected learners that are 91.3% of total enrolled learners globally (as of 15 April 2020), the Covid-19 outbreak became a major education crisis and governments are grappling with the complexity of providing education remotely.
A special dialogue will be jointly convened by Tsinghua University and UNESCO themed, Online Education in the COVID-19 Response and Beyond. The dialogue will offer an opportunity to embark on an in-depth discussion on various topics including:
- overall challenges that COVID-19 poses on achieving SDG 4 by countries
- impact of COVID-19 on the delivery of higher education globally,
- resilience of national education systems,
- risk reduction capacities in the education sectors,
- crisis- sensitive planning and management,
- implications for student mobility,
- the role of universities in face of global health emergencies,
- university response case studies and experiences, and
-Immediate solutions to affected countries, which includes solutions through inclusive distance learning.
24 April 2020
Beijing - China