Central Asian republics (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan) are home to numerous historic and cultural sites. Countries require further capacity development in heritage conservation and management.
The specific focus areas are:
- build and strengthen capacity of local authorities and departments working in the fields of heritage site management, planning and culture
- foster cooperation and networking among key actors involved in CA States Parties will be supported with the following specific objectives:
- Technical advise and support for conservation and management
- Capacity-building initiatives at national and sub-regional levels
- Enhanced cooperation with national partners in CA