Capacity development initiatives for the promotion and implementation of the 2005 Convention in Central Asia
The activities revealed the following challenges for CA:
- The 2005 Convention has low ratification rate. Only Tajikistan has ratified the Convention but the implementation is very low.
- Strong interest in the cultural and creative industries, low knowledge of the Convention and its benefits
- Strengthen capacities to promote the ratification and the implementation
- Awareness-raising about the Convention, sharing of good practices and networking opportunities.
The Office will assist countries to encourage the development of partnerships at the national and sub-regional levels. Following specific objectives will be in focus:
- Technical advise to State Parties
- Capacity-building initiatives at national and sub-regional levels
- Awareness-raising about the Convention.