The Global Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Week 2019 scholarships aim to support youth participants from around the globe to participate in the Global MIL Week 2019 Feature Conference and Youth Agenda Forum to be held from 24 to 26 September, in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The Global MIL Week 2019 Youth Agenda Forum is a UNESCO Youth Space. It is youth-oriented, designed for youth, led by youth and open to all public. Youth from local schools, universities and youth organizations as well as young participants from around the world are invited to the event. The forum may include panel discussions, brief talks, presentations, hands-on workshops, brainstorming, poster and video presentations, as well as games, hackathons, etc.
The scholarships include:
- Round-trip air ticket from the country of departure to Gothenburg, Sweden;
- Accommodation and meals during the stay in Gothenburg, from 23 to 26 September 2019;
- Opportunity to present during the Global MIL Week 2019 Youth Agenda Forum;
Eligible youth must be from 18 to 30 years old who study, research or work in fields related to MIL (media, information and library science, ICTs, communications, social development, etc.), from all UN regions: Africa, Arab States, Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Deadline for submissions: 10 June 2019, at 10:00 Paris time
- Announcement of acceptance: 21 June 2019