When :from Monday 8 April, 2019 16:00 to Tuesday 9 April, 2019 17:55
Type of event :Consultative Meeting
Where :UN HQ, New York, United States of America
Victoria Ibiwoye, Youth representative of the UNESCO led multi-partner SDG-Education 2030 Steering Committee is co-organising the thematic session on education (SDG4) at the United Nations Economic and Social Council Youth Forum.
Led by UNESCO this SDG4 thematic session will :
- Provide a platform for inclusive youth-centered discussion on SDG4, to be reviewed during the 2019 High Level Political Forum (HLPF);
- Address the challenges faced by youth in the field of education, focusing on the needs of the most vulnerable and marginalized;
- Emphasize the contributions youth can make to achieve the youth-specific targets of SDG4;
- Highlight success stories, networks and opportunities for youth development and engagement;
- Develop a set of concrete recommendations for the acceleration of the progress on SDG4.