Youth-Led Initiatives Grant
Within the framework of the EU-funded project Networks of Mediterranean Youth (NET-MED Youth), the UNESCO Ramallah Office has launched the Youth-Led Initiatives Grant to empower young women and men to create their own initiatives, implement them on the ground and build on them.
UNESCO within the framework of NET-MED Youth project launched 11 initiatives in partnership with two youth organization are members of NET-MED Youth (Sharek Youth Forum in West Bank and Social Developmental Forum in Gaza) in order to
- to empower young women and men and strengthen their participation within existing youth organizations at the local level;
- design innovative initiatives, focusing on youth empowerment and participation that have the potential for catalytic effects;
- enhance support to youth civil society organizations, and facilitate their inclusion and engagement with their communities;
- enhance youth engagement with their own communities;
- engage civil society including existing national networks of youth organizations, and
- support the unique ability of youth to transform the Sustainable Development Agenda into concrete and innovative models.