World Book and Copyright Day 2018
The 2018 edition is entitled “READING, it's my right!”, and it will be an opportunity to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
This festive and participative event is an opportunity to raise public awareness of books and reading and pay tribute to authors in the book industry, professionals or volunteers. On this occasion, UNESCO opens its door and invites professionals and the public to exchange and share their ideas in literature.
Planning of this Day: spaces dedicated to discussions and reading, fun and educational workshops for children, literacy meetings and other cultural events.
In order to raise awareness of human rights, the rich and the creativity of literature will be shown in the Segur Hall and the Miro rooms, through
• Exhibitions for the collection of unpublished posters by renowned artists around the world and for project proposed by the association Poster for Tomorrow in partnership with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights for the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the UDHR.
• Workshops for illustration and for writing for children, hosted by professionals such as the illustrator YAK or the association Apprends et rêve.
• Quiz for testing literary knowledge and full-scale games around human rights with the association Views of children.
• Reading and information sessions on human rights and citizenship offered by volunteers of the association Lire et Faire lire and the Institut du citoyen
• Artistic performances of street artist ACHBE as well as his poems drawn with chalk on the bitumen of the Piazza
and … a lot of stakeholders in book industry will be present throughout the Day to exchange their ideas on books.