When :from Monday 20 April, 2015 09:00 to Friday 24 April, 2015 17:00
Type of event :Category 6-Expert Committee
Where :Banff Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Banff Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact :Rory McGreal / UNESCO, COL, ICDE Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The UNESCO Open Educational Resources (OER) Chairs Meeting is being held within the framework of the Open Education Global Conference, which takes place in Banff Calgary, Alberta, Canada from 20 - 24 April 2015.
Participants in this global conference will hear from thought leaders in open education and have the opportunity to share ideas, practices and discuss issues important to the future of education worldwide. Sessions cover new developments in open education, research results, innovative technology, policy development and implementation, and practical solutions to challenges facing education around the world.
Of special note, Abel Caine will be joining Asha Kanwar, Tian Belawati, and other distinguished speakers on the Speakers Plenary during the conference.
Key OER stakeholders including eight OER committee Chairs will be attending the UNESCO OER Chairs Meeting. Topics of discussion at the Meeting will include:
1. UNESCO OER Programme for 2014-2017
2. UNESCO Chairs in OER common Plan of Action
3. OER Projects from other invitees
4. Discussion on strengthening collaboration among the UNESCO Chairs in OER
5. Discussion on creating more synergy between the UNESCO OER Programme operated by Paris and the Action Lines run by the UNESCO Chairs in OER
6. Discussion on new UNESCO Chairs in OER in new regions
The output of the Chairs Meeting will feed into a special session in the Conference on Research.
For the full program of the Open Education Global Conference 2015, visit here: http://conference.oeconsortium.org/2015/