UNESCO national workshop on “Awareness and capacity building of communities for conservation of the Sulaiman-Too World Heritage site”
This UNESCO national workshop on “Awareness and capacity building of communities for conservation of the Sulaiman-Too World Heritage Site” will be held from 23-26 May 2017 in Osh, Kyrgyz Republic, with financial support from the Swiss Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The main goals of the workshop are:
1. Capacity development of Sulaiman-Too National Museum staff to strengthen practical and technical skills;
2. Introduction to the new technologies and methods of documentation and demonstration of materials (photogrammetry, using drones and digital cameras);
3. Discussion on World Heritage site “Sulaiman-Too” preservation - new Management and Action plans.
Participants in the training are:
• Sulaiman-Too National Museum staff,
• staff of other Kyrgyzstan museums,
• relevant experts in the field of archaeology,
• local authorities.
The workshop is co-organized by the Center of Cultural Heritage Public Foundation and supported by the Kyrgyzstan National Academy of Science. Experts from the company Archaeological Expertise, located in Almaty, and from other Kazakhstani and local Kyrgyz institutions will conduct the training.