When :from Tuesday 15 April, 2014 09:00 to Wednesday 16 April, 2014 17:30
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :UNESCO Headquarters, Room XIII, 125 avenue Suffren, 75007, Paris, France
Contact :Fengchun Miao, Programme Specialist in ICT in Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and communications technologies (ICT) have been an important part of systemic transformation in education. In order to facilitate the knowledge sharing on the development of forward-looking policies to leverage ICT to achieve the goal of equitable quality education and lifelong learning for all, UNESCO and Intel are co-organising a High-Level Policy Workshop on ICT in Education for Eastern and Central European Countries. The Workshop will convene high-level governmental officials of Eastern and Central European Countries to share and analyze selected ICT strategies already implemented by Member States, and review the most important trends of ICTs and their implication for the next generation of education.
The programme will feature presentations of successful ICT in education policy development examples, with contributions from UNESCO specialists in debates on post-2015 education, as well as a demonstration of progammes and Tools of UNESCO and Intel in assisting states to develop ICT in education policies.
The objective of the workshop is to envision the further planning of national ICT policies in Central and Eastern Europe that will cover the following topics:
- Policy focus: Future schools/Smart Schools/1:1 learning
- Definition of learning outcomes and overall curriculum objectives to be enabled by ICT
- Envisaged learning processes, enabling learning environments, and pedagogical use of ICT.
- Professional development and institutional capacities on teachers’ ICT competencies
- Digital content development and sharing
- Assessing and Measuring Impact (including research)
- e-School Standard/School-based ICT plan
- ICT School Leadership
- Funding Mechanism