Third UNESCO World Forum on Culture and Cultural Industries
Culture, Creativity and Sustainable Development. Research, Innovation, Opportunities.
The third edition of the UNESCO World Forum on Culture and Cultural Industries will take place from 2 to 4 October 2014 in Palazzo Vecchio, Florence, Italy.
This event, organized in cooperation with the Italian Government and with the support of the Tuscany Region and the Municipality of Florence, will bring together governmental decision-makers, representatives of the private sector and civil society, including international experts and academics from all regions of the world.
The Forum has been conceived in the framework of the high-level initiatives undertaken by UNESCO to ensure that culture is taken into account in international development policies and notably in ongoing negotiations, within the United Nations, to define the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
The third edition of the Forum will be devoted to the theme: “Culture, Creativity and Sustainable Development. Research, Innovation, Opportunities”.
This international encounter will pursue the following objectives:
- sharing experiences and propose strategic recommendations on the role of culture and cultural industries in promoting sustainable development;
- showcasing the results of the UNDG Post-2015 Dialogues on Culture and Development; and
- informing the elaboration process of the Post-2015 Development Agenda of the United Nations.
The Forum will be organized in plenary sessions and thematic panel discussions, devoted to the following topics:
- Culture and Creativity: a Double Commitment to the Future;
- Cultural Industries, Employment and Growth;
- Nurturing Culture for the Sustainable Development of Urban and Rural Areas;
- Innovation, Technology and Know-How for Sustainable Futures;
- The Power of Culture for Inclusive Societies;
- New Approaches to Measuring Change;
- Investing in Culture;
- Culture and the Post-2015 Development Agenda.