When :from Sunday 4 November, 2018 08:00 to Thursday 8 November, 2018 17:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :Marriott Dead Sea Resort, Dear Sea, Jordan
Under the auspice of the aforementioned Arab Regional Support Group, UBO and partners consequently envisaged organizing a first Regional SDG4 meeting on the issue of alignment among curriculum, teachers and assessment as key dimensions in reaching quality SDG4 outcomes. The meeting will allow addressing SDG4 issues in a tangible manner by considering the specific context of Arab States, including the effects of different protracted crises in the Region necessitating adequate response strategies and corresponding actions with regard to curriculum/learning, teachers and assessment.
The meeting constitutes the third Arab Regional Meeting on Education 2030 (ARMED III) encompassing two different, yet related, activities: technical workshop on aligning curriculum, teachers and assessment (4-6 November 2018) and one-day meeting of SDG4 national coordinators (7 November 2018).
Based on building on the achievements and outcomes of previous meetings, including the aforementioned SDG4-TPD conference of last December, the workshop aims to:
- Contribute to clarifying the issue, and advocating the importance of alignment among curriculum, teachers and assessment as an important policy lever in reaching SDG4 targets;
- Sharing promising practices in aligning curriculum, teachers and assessment in the Arab countries and internationally;
- Identifying issues that hinder alignment among curriculum, teachers and assessment, as well as way of addressing and overcoming problems;
- Developing action plans at national and Regional levels to enhancing alignment among curriculum, teachers and assessment with a view of reaching SDG4 targets.
Based on building on the achievements and outcomes of previous SDG4 partners meetings, the present meeting aims to:
- Review SDG4 Dubai Road Map of March 2017 implementation at national level;
- Share promising practices with regard to advocacy for, policy dialogue on, capacity development with regard to, and monitoring of SDG4 targets;
- Identify joint priority actions in support of better implementing and monitoring SDG4 targets in the Arab states;
- Develop follow up plans at different levels based on the contributions of the Arab Regional Support Group, and the work of national SDG4 focal points;
- Discuss the Regional preparation of the Global Education Meeting (Dec. 2018), as well as of the 2019 High-Level Political Forum on Agenda 2030 (July 2019).