When :from Thursday 16 November, 2017 10:00 to Thursday 16 November, 2017 17:00
Type of event :Категория 8-Симпозиум
Where :Bonn, Germany, Bonn, Germany
Education and Education for Sustainable Development, both formal and non-formal, will again be afforded an entire thematic day as part of the Conference on November 16 when numerous UNESCO-supported events will place in the civil society area (Bonn zone) of the COP. UNESCO will co organize the following events together with UN partners and other organizations.
• 10:00-10:45, Room tbc - A Press Conference to open the Education Day and to launch a compilation of Case studies on climate change education for mitigation and adaptation by the Centre for Environmental Education (CEE), India, UNESCO and UNFCCC.
• 11:30-13:00, Room 6 - The COP Presidency, Fiji, together with UNFCCC and UNESCO will organize a High-level debate on Education and global partnerships working to combat climate change. This event will bring together environment and education ministers and international organizations to discuss how education and global partnerships can enhance the implementation of climate agendas. Invited panelists include the President of Fiji; HRH Princess Lalla Hasna from Morocco, UNFCCC Secretary General; UNESCO's Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences and Ministers of Education and Environment.
• 13:15-14:45, Room 6 - The UN Alliance on Action for Climate Empowerment will organize a side event on Partnerships as key to changing minds and actions in order to scale-up adaptation and mitigation. The side event will demonstrate the tangible contribution that learning and skills development is already making to climate change adaptation and mitigation and present new types of partnerships needed to engage a critical mass of children, youth, professionals, decision-makers and society as a whole in climate action;
• 10:00–18:00, UNESCO Pavilion - UNESCO organizes several discussion rounds including on schools climate readiness, teacher education for climate change, youth leadership and greening TVET at a dedicate UNESCO pavilion. These will be animated by UNESCO and GAP Key partners, experts, practitioners and youth representatives from around the world.
• 10:00–17:00, UN Booth on SDG4 - UNESCO together with UNITAR and UNEP will support the UN exhibition booth for SDG 4